LACDMH Grants for Community Engagement
Grants for Community Engagement
The Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health (LACDMH) announces a mini grant opportunity to engage communities and promote health and wellbeing with a focus on Mental Health Awareness Month in May. The deadline to apply is April 5th, 2019.
LACDMH -- through its Prevention and Early Intervention (PEI) funding and in collaboration with CalMHSA -- will award grants of up to $5,000 for activities that engage communities by fostering connections between individuals and organizations to help enhance mental wellbeing.
Community Engagement Grants are intended to:
1) Create civic opportunities that promote interconnectedness and wellbeing within diverse cultural communities
2) Outreach and dissemination of resources and messages throughout the county
3) Increase awareness of and access to mental health services and resources
Who Should Apply?
The following types of applicants are eligible:
• Non-profit agencies
• For-profit agencies
• Faith-based organizations
• Individuals (grants to individuals are taxable income)
• Other entities dedicated to carrying out diverse community engagement efforts to help promote stronger community ties and civic engagement
Note: Eligible agencies must serve Los Angeles County residents with no- or low-cost health or social services.
For questions regarding this grant opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CalMHSA will be holding a webinar on Thursday, March 14, from 10 to 11 a.m., to discuss this grant program and answer questions from the audience. A recording of the webinar will also be made available shortly afterward.